Live blackjack is gaining on popularity with each passing day. This exciting game allows players to test their playing skills in an authentic casino atmosphere where the tables are hosted by professional dealers and where they can socialise with other players as well. One of the ways to take this game everywhere you go is by owning an iPad. iPads are excellent devices which can be used for chatting, updating your Facebook profile, sending e-mails, watching movies and playing live dealer casino games. Live iPad blackjack is probably the best thing that ever happened to blackjack fans that can show off their playing skills and win valuable prizes no matter whether they are at home, in nature or on a bus.
What Are the Basic Rules for Playing Live Blackjack on an iPad?
Live iPad blackjack has some standard rules as well as several rules that can vary. Therefore, it is very important to know which provider powers the game that you are playing in order to know the exact game rules. Here are some basic rules found on the blackjack tables by Playtech, Microgaming and Evolution Gaming. Before listing the games and the rules, it has to be pointed out that all of these games are played with eight 52 card decks and all of them pay 3:2 for a blackjack.
- Playtech Live Blackjack – Live dealer iPad blackjack by Playtech allows players to double after splitting and double any two cards. The dealer on this game always stands on 17, whereas the surrender option is not offered. Players can neither hit on split Aces nor resplit. This game has a house edge of 0.48%.
- Microgaming Live Blackjack – Microgaming’s real money live blackjack has a higher house edge of 0.51%. This variant allows players to hit on split Aces; however, players cannot double after splitting or double on any two cards. Microgaming made a live mobile blackjack for iPad that allows doubling only on 9, 10 and 11. The dealer stands on all 17s.
- Evolution Gaming Live Blackjack – This iPad live dealer blackjack game has the same rules as the one powered by Playtech. Therefore, the house edge is also 0.48% and players can double after splitting and double on any two cards, whereas the dealer stands on 17. Hit split Aces, resplit and surrender are not allowed.
What Is The Optimal Playing Strategy for Live Mobile Blackjack?
Those who want to play real money live blackjack with their iPad in accordance with the optimal strategy have to bear in mind that the playing strategy depends on the game rules. Each rule modification has its effect on the strategy; nevertheless, the best way of playing your hand with the rules found on Playtech and Evolution Gaming live dealer blackjack games are as it follows:
- Hit – Hard 5-11 and soft 13-17 is an excellent opportunity for hitting the hit button without even caring what the dealer’s card is. If the players has hard 12-16 he should hit in case the dealer gets 7-Ace.
- Stand – Hard 17-21 is a sing to stand, regardless the dealer’s hand. Also, if the dealer shows 1-6 and the player has a hard 13-16 hand, he should stand. Other situation when standing is the only reasonable move is when the player has soft 19-21.
- Double – There are several situations when players should consider doubling. For example, hard 10 and 11 across dealers 2-10 are a great chance to double. Also, if the dealer show 5 or 6 and the player has soft 13-18, double is a smart move. A pair of fives should be a reason to double in case the dealer has anything from 2 to 9.
- Split – Pairs that always have to be split are eights and Aces. Tens should never be split, whereas in most of the cases nines should also be a sign to split. Twos, threes, sixes and sevens should be split if the dealer holds anything from 2 to 7. All the other combinations should result in a hit.
Is Playing Real Money Live Dealer Blackjack on iPads Safe?
As long as iPad owners play real money live dealer blackjack at well established and licensed casinos they have absolutely nothing to worry about. Popular live casino operators hold gambling licences and safety certificates that guarantee these sites are safe and fair. Additionally, online gambling sites use SSL encryption technology which makes it almost impossible to third parties to steal valuable information provided by customers. Plus, all personal and financial information which users provide are strictly confidential and reliable casinos never share it with other companies or individuals.